As humans, we are guilty of thinking that foreigners are the cause of most of society’s problems. However, with recent legislation plans to promote immigration within the United Kingdom, this is not the case.
One important aspect of helping foreign nationals establish British residency is by using a temporary visa sponsorship via them acquiring a temporary employment permit.
Types of Visa Sponsorship In the UK You Can Try Out
There are many ways to get a visa sponsorship for work in the UK. Below are some of the most common types:
Tier 2 (General) Visa
This is the most common type of visa and is issued to people who have a job offer from a UK company. The minimum salary requirement is usually £36,000 per year.
There are a number of restrictions on this visa, such as being unable to stay in the UK for more than 6 months in any 12-month period.
Tier 4 Visa
This is for people who have skills that are needed by the UK economy. To qualify, you must have at least 5 years of experience working in a profession that is not generally considered to require a visa, like engineering or nursing.
The salary requirement is usually £45,000 per year. You can only stay in the UK for 3 years with this type of visa.
Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP)
This is for people who have a degree from a prestigious British university or who hold an internationally recognized certification or title. The salary requirement is usually £50,000 per year, and you can stay in the UK for 5 years with this visa.
Entrepreneur / Investor (E2)
If you have access to unique and specialized skills that are not generally used in the UK economy, this visa allows you to come and work in the UK over a period of 5 years. This is one of the most popular visas available.
Intra Company Transfer (ICT)
The requirements are very similar to those outlined above, except this visa can be extended indefinitely if the company was involved in high-level strategic decisions when it set up operations in the UK.
This visa is only available if you have a graduate degree (usually science or technology) from a super-prestigious university, as long as your credentials are recognized overseas with two letters of recommendation from professors highly rated internationally.
This can be a great route to ease your way into the workforce and gain valuable experience from progression into management within the developed world.
What is the process of getting a work permit in the UK?
Assuming you have a valid visa and are permitted to live and work in the UK, you will need to make an application for a work permit. The process can take several months, depending on your activities.
The application will require documentation from your sponsoring employer and from the government of your home country. You will also need to provide evidence that you can support yourself financially in the UK.
If you are not a British citizen, you may be required to provide immigration documents verifying your right to live and work in the UK. If you are a student, you may be required to provide proof of funding for your proposed studies.
Requirements For Applying For a Visa Sponsored Cleaning Job in the UK
The requirements to apply for a visa sponsorship vary depending on the country from which you are applying, but most companies request a transcript, resume, and letters of recommendation.
When applying for visa sponsorship, it is important to remember that you will need to provide evidence of your skills and abilities in order to secure the position.
Average Salary For Foreign Cleaners Working in the UK
The average salary for a cleaner working in the UK is £8.25 per hour. In addition, cleaners in the UK are often entitled to holiday pay, sick pay, and pensions.
How to Find Visa-Sponsored Cleaning Jobs In the UK
- Check online job boards. Many cleaning companies post job openings on online boards, so be sure to search by keyword or category.
- Network with locals. Talk to your neighbors and other businesspeople in your area to see if they know of any vacancies. Often, people who are looking for workers will contact local businesses first.
- Attend job fairs. attend job fairs specifically geared towards visa holders or migrant workers in order to meet potential employers in person and show your qualifications.
- Contact the UK embassy or consulate offices in your home country. Many embassies and consulates offer information and assistance for visa applicants, so it’s worth checking with them first.
- Research specific areas of the country that need more attention in relation to your cleaning job. (e.g. council estates)
- Contact recruitment agencies that specialize in finding visas for cleaners. This can be a dangerous process as there are lots of agencies that are fraudulent and diabolical. As such if you must go through this process, research extensively and be careful.